2.27.2009

Landon's Birthday Part Two





We had Landon's friend party today at Slick Rock Park. It was fun but chaotic. The weather was nice but a little windy and me, being a first time mom with friend parties (without parents) had the party last two hours. I learned my lesson but I think everyone had a great time. Thanks to Jerry for taking off of work because I could not have managed without him. We ate, played games, hiked, chased kids, ate again, hiked again and chased kids again. His Dad stayed up until midnight the night before making him an awesome Spiderman cake. It turned out really well. Unfortunately, Landon didn't feel so well due to his shots the day before and I didn't have any Tylenol to give him. Poor first child always has to be the guinea pig. I am sure with my girls the parties will improve dramatically. I can't believe my little boy is five years old already! Time flies by so quickly. We love you Landon!

6 comments:

Tennisa Nordfelt said...

LOVE the cake! What fun!

TN

Amber said...

So fun, but sounds way to exhausting for me :) Happy B-day Landson!

kharris said...

There is no way that Landon is 5, it seams like he was just born, and I was in your living room assessing him based on my child development class!! Well I guess it is possible. I can't wait to see you this summer and see how much your kids have grown. Tell them hi for me.

Julie Kohler said...

So cute! Looks like he had a fun party! Landon was so excited to tell everyone in Primary that he is 5 now, he is such a doll. :)

Brigit said...

What a fun birthday! I love the cake! How lucky to have a hubby that cooks and bakes. I'll have to get the meatball sub recipe sometime.

Congrats on surviving the party. I wish I could tell you that they get better the older they get. Tyce's 8th was insane!!!

Your kids are so cute!! I hope to see you soon.

Mrs. Olsen said...

Here's a good rule of thumb: invite as many kids as the age of the birthday kid. The younger they are the shorter the activities (while including some good old fashioned running around). There's also tons of fabulous party tips at www.familyfun.com

It sounds like it was a total blast. You are such a cute mom.