
So that is what we are trying to do.....live providently. In an attempt to follow the Prophet's counsel we are attempting to grow a garden. We are not able to do so at home but we found a community garden close to our house and with the help of Grandma and Grandpa we are attempting. The kids are very excited and happy about this. The best part was putting the steer manure on and mixing it in. I attended a class in the morning about how to use coupons. I decided using coupons alone could be a full time job but I am hoping to start small and get better with time. I am also working on our food storage....in very small doses but hoping we will be blessed for our efforts. Jerry is convinced I can sew the kids clothes now that I have a sewing machine but I am not as convinced. I prefer bargain shopping and sewing for enjoyment. I am having fun doing it but I need to get a few things before I can start my next project. We had Grandma and Grandpa for dinner and then played cards. Jerry taught us to play Ueker...apparently a Michigan thing.....and we are learning. We had fun and that's the most important part.
6 comments:
Can you grow things over the winter down there? And good job on your goals...it's a process for sure.
Matt knows about Ueker, so it must be an Ohio thing. Good luck with the sewing. I always have a project I want to do, but getting around to doing it, and finishing it is my struggle. have fun with your garden I have lots of fun memories in the garden!
Matt knows about Ueker, so it must be an Ohio thing. Good luck with the sewing. I always have a project I want to do, but getting around to doing it, and finishing it is my struggle. have fun with your garden I have lots of fun memories in the garden!
It has been so nice catching up on your life through your blog. I loved reading the past 20 posts or so!!! Life has been a little crazy lately for me. We are wanting to do the same thing with a garden this year. Will you learn fast and come show me?
Good for you. Good luck with the garden; it is very rewarding. I can't wait to start ours here when the weather is a bit warmer. We too are trying to build our food storage. It sure can get overwhelming but it is worth the efforts. Can't believe Landon is 5! I remember when he was born.
So cool. I have never heard of a community garden. I am going to attempt my first garden this year as well. Good luck to both of us. I know that I will need it at least. :)
LOL on the trip to the pediatrician. You've got a smart (and healthy) little guy there.
Post a Comment