


We had a great day today. We woke up and I made breakfast. We had heart shaped waffles with strawberries and whip cream. I have been wanting to do a garden and we found out about a community garden close to our home. We went over and secured a little portion of one of the planter boxes. I have no idea what I am doing but I want to give it a try and see if we can make something grow. The kids are so excited to plant. Jerry took the kids to the park for a while to give Avery a chance to nap and me a chance to get ready. When he got back we made roll out sugar cookies. Jerry insisted on piping the frosting on which is why they turned out so well. He's good that way because he creates culinary masterpieces and he tells me I can take credit for it :> We had fun sharing them with neighbors and friends. After we had baked all the cookies we went to Home Depot to get our gardening supplies. All I will say is we do have a big bag of steer manure on our front porch right now. Just in case you wanted to know. I loved Jerry's explanation to the kids about why and what we were purchasing. One of my favorite moments of the day. That night I went with a friend from the ward who owns a photography business. I go and help with the pictures and earn a little extra money. It is lots of fun. There was a group of teen boys in spandex. I just tried not to look. Jerry and I watched a movie, "Fireproof" when I got home. Jerry accused me of setting him up because I think we have marriage problems. That wasn't the case but it was a clean, Christian based movie. It was a great day.
2 comments:
What a fun V-day for you guys! I'm kinda sick that you guys can start planning to garden all ready! Let's just say... JEALOUS!!!! Cute pictures too. Man, kids just grow so fast! You look pretty good too, if I might say so :)
Kathryn I just wanted you to know I love seeing what your little family is up to. I do not comment very much but I read the post about your brother Gary, and I just wanted you to know how amazing I think you are. I can't comprehend what you must feel but I can tell of your testimony and I am so grateful for your example of being stalwart and strong in your testimony. I think the tradition you are doing with the valentines is such a wonderful thing that your nieces will look forward to every year. Much love Kathryn!
Post a Comment