2.07.2009
Birthday
I had the best birthday. Thanks for all the lovely birthday greetings. Jerry went above and beyond with his planning and thoughtful gifts. He made an appointment for me during the week to get a spray tan which was quite the experience. It was fun to be tan for one week! Then on Friday, he arranged for my parents to come and stay with the kids overnight. We left around 1pm. He had a makeover appointment scheduled for me. It was so fun to get my makeup done. When we got there, he handed me some money and insisted I buy some makeup for myself. What a treat for me! Of course, I had a hard time deciding what to get but he was patient. Then we got in the car and he drove me to our hotel he had reserved for the night. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. It is a beautiful hotel with an amazing breakfast. He had a gift on the bed (a new watch) and a basket full of all my favorite treat. He even had the refrigerator stocked with drinks. He told me I was completely in charge of the rest of the night. I had him go with me to the optometrist to pick out my glasses. I needed his opinion. Then we went out to eat at Olive Garden. When we were at dinner he handed me a letter he had written to me. He had even looked online to see how to fold it like we used to fold notes to each other in high school. Loved it. Then we went shopping. He had given me a gift card to Down East Outfitters. He was very patient and helped me pick out a few outfits for church. We stopped at Cracker Barrel on our way back to the hotel. We found the cutest outfits for Lauren and Landon to use for Halloween this year. It was so fun to spend time together and not be concerned about the kids. I felt so spoiled. I have a wonderful husband. The next morning we came back and the kids were having a great time with Grandma and Grandpa. I don't think they noticed we were gone. My friends Jill and Kendra arranged for us to go to lunch on Saturday. It was so fun to visit and catch up with them. We went to Cafe Rio. Then I came back and my Mom and Dad were here. We had In and Out Burger for dinner and my Mom made her lemon bars for dessert. Jerry and my Dad have been spending lots of time playing the guitar together which has been so fun to hear. Jerry is doing really well and learning quickly. I have so much to be grateful for. The Lord has truly blessed me with wonderful family and friends. I could not ask for more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad you had such a great birthday. Your husband really did a great job planning a special day for you. You deserve it!
Kathryn, you totally deserve that. That is just about the sweetest b-day I've ever heard. I knew Jerry had a catch but it appears you've got a good one yourself.
Post a Comment