The kids had a fun Halloween. We had a potluck with our neighbors on Monday night which they wore their costumes too. Landon had already been to one Halloween party on Saturday which you saw the pictures for. Then on Tuesday he had a preschool Halloween party. He loves going to preschool. Lauren and I ran errands and did as much as we could while he was in school She actually came to work with me for a bit and I accomplished a few things. We had a ward trunk or treat and chili cook off. Jerry did not make his famous chili this year but maybe next year. We ate and then the kids got candy from all the neighbors. I want to upload some pictures but we are having problems with our camera so we will see if it works. After the trunk or treat our REAL Halloween adventure began. Jerry had dressed as a hunter and I wore his Navy uniform. He decided we should go check out the neighborhoods where they give out "big" candy bars. We went to Stonecliff where Dr J and Celine Dion supposedly have homes. The neighborhood was really dark and there were no kids there. Did I mention it is a gated community but we just happen to follow a car in? That's part of the thrill of it. So we drive around looking for any sign of candy and finally see a bucket of candy on a porch. Jerry decides to go in and see what's there. I reminded him maybe he should take a child with him so he didn't look "suspicious." At this point Landon was no more in costume but Jerry took him regardless. He came back with a whole bunch of full size candy bars. He was very pleased with the success of his mission. That is exactly what it turned into was more of a military operation. So at the next house, he didn't even have to take a child with him. We had fun and Jerry got lots of his own trick or treat candy to take to work. We considered the evening a success.
10.31.2007
Halloween
The kids had a fun Halloween. We had a potluck with our neighbors on Monday night which they wore their costumes too. Landon had already been to one Halloween party on Saturday which you saw the pictures for. Then on Tuesday he had a preschool Halloween party. He loves going to preschool. Lauren and I ran errands and did as much as we could while he was in school She actually came to work with me for a bit and I accomplished a few things. We had a ward trunk or treat and chili cook off. Jerry did not make his famous chili this year but maybe next year. We ate and then the kids got candy from all the neighbors. I want to upload some pictures but we are having problems with our camera so we will see if it works. After the trunk or treat our REAL Halloween adventure began. Jerry had dressed as a hunter and I wore his Navy uniform. He decided we should go check out the neighborhoods where they give out "big" candy bars. We went to Stonecliff where Dr J and Celine Dion supposedly have homes. The neighborhood was really dark and there were no kids there. Did I mention it is a gated community but we just happen to follow a car in? That's part of the thrill of it. So we drive around looking for any sign of candy and finally see a bucket of candy on a porch. Jerry decides to go in and see what's there. I reminded him maybe he should take a child with him so he didn't look "suspicious." At this point Landon was no more in costume but Jerry took him regardless. He came back with a whole bunch of full size candy bars. He was very pleased with the success of his mission. That is exactly what it turned into was more of a military operation. So at the next house, he didn't even have to take a child with him. We had fun and Jerry got lots of his own trick or treat candy to take to work. We considered the evening a success.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment