10.07.2007

Jerry

I decided to to an update on each family member because it has been so long since I have written. Our laptop battery needs to be replaced but we let the computer sit for a week before we realized we could just take the battery out and use it without until we get a new one. So I want to give a quick update on Jerry. We went to SLC a few weeks ago because he had a quarterly meeting with Jacobsen. He also had a golf outing in which he took second place. He also got a closest to the pin award which he was happy with. He gives all the credit to Kevin because he borrowed his golf clubs. He had a great time. We came back and my parents followed us down to spend a few days. Jerry entertained my Dad and the kids for a few days while my Mom and I went to Las Vegas. They went to a football game with Landon, drove to Pine Valley and took great care of the kids while we were gone. Jerry cooked for him as well and he was very happy with the meals. He has been officiating and the kids and I had a chance to go and watch one of his games. He does a really good job and luckily we sat on the winning teams side. I found out fans can get a little crazy even at freshman football games. We enjoyed watching conference as a family and hearing the words of the prophets. It is such a blessing to be able to stay in our homes and listen to all the sessions. We were able to set some personal and family goals together after hearing all the inspired words. Last week he and his SOCOM team passed their X-squared review with flying colors and got a $50 bonus from the corporate office. He called and told me to get a babysitter because we were going to dinner. He feels bad for me because he eats out all the time with his work and I eat a lot of Macaroni and Cheese. We went to a hibatchi Japanese grill and the food was very good. We had a great time. He is teaching the 14-15 year olds and does a great job with them. I had a parent call and tell me what a great job he has done with her son. He spends a lot of time with the kids and is a wonderful father to them. I am so grateful to have him.

No comments: