10.28.2007
The Week Before Halloween
We had a good week. We finally found the kids costumes. Landon is insisting on being a power ranger which I would have no problem with except for the fact that his costume is spandex red with black lightning bolts (pics to follow) and you can see his striped underwear through the back. The other issue I have is that he doesn't know what Power Rangers are but whatever. He went to a Halloween party yesterday and Jerry and I had a hard time not laughing. Of course, he looks cute because he is our child but the costume is just funny. I also borrowed a Thomas the Train costume which I am encouraging him to wear to future halloween functions. We will see how it goes. Lauren is planning on being a princess and we have lots of accessories we borrowed from a friend. I spoke at our Young Women in Excellence this week. I am very grateful for this new calling and I am enjoying the presidency and getting to know the girls. A few of the girls also spoke and did a great job. We have a good program and the parents and girls seem very involved. I went to the What Women Want Expo here at the Dixie Center. There were lots of interesting booths there. I ran into some people from Rexburg which was fun. I helped at Landon's preschool this week and am amazed at how much he is learning. It is so fun to watch him grow up and discover new things. He constantly asks what time it is and how to spell words. He is also recognizing letters on signs because he is learning how to draw them at school. Lauren came as well and did pretty good. I am hoping to get her in this same preschool next year. I taught my first lesson today and it went well. We are doing good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I miss Landon! He looks great in his Power Rangers costume. I am so happy that you are enjoying your new calling. Young Women's is great and I am sure they love you. I got a calling this week. I am teaching the 12-18 year old Sunday School class. It should be fun. Like Young Women's but with a few boys in the mix!
please post a shot from behind of landon in his power rangers giddyup!
Post a Comment