11.04.2007

Baby, LV and Stake Conference

So I went to the doctor on Thursday. The baby is doing very well. I did not pass the initial screening for gestational diabetes so I had to do the diagnostic test. I found out I passed the test so I was very pleased. I am now going on 33 weeks. I don't know what it is with the third one but I feel so much more achy and ready to have the baby much sooner. The doctor says things are going good. The baby is moving a lot and is active most of the day. I can tell things are getting a little cramped....at least for me. We are very excited and anxious for this new addition in our family. The kids are excited, sometimes although I don't think they actually comprehend what changes this will bring to our little family. We have come to somewhat of a resolution on the name but I decided we will wait to tell anyone. We are getting closer, though. It has been a good pregnancy and has gone by so quickly. I am grateful for this time and look forward to having a Christmas baby! Jerry came home early on Friday and I was able to work for several hours. He then went to a question and answer session with President Kim B Clark of BYU-Idaho. He enjoyed it. Yesterday we went to Las Vegas for Marie's baptism. We got the car serviced and ate at In N Out which is always a highlight. We then took the kids to the water show at the Bellagio. The kids absolutely loved it. The laughed and giggled and can't wait to go back again. The baptism was very nice and the kids did well considering the amount of time it took. We went to eat at Bajio after with Dave and Rebecca's extended family. We enjoyed talking with them as much as we could and then headed home. Today we had a stake conference via satellite. We were able to hear from Elder Judd, Elder Zwick, Elder Holland and the Prophet. We really enjoyed it. President Hinckley talked about ways to strengthen your marriage. It was very inspired and spiritual. The technology we have today is amazing!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow Kathryn, I can't believe you are getting that close to having your 3rd baby. I remember when I first met you, you were about 36 weeks along with Landon and looked very uncomforatable!! Hope all is going well and I'm anxious to catch up with you. Have a great week!

Tristen said...

We're so happy for you guys! I think you guys will do GREAT with three kids, it might be kind of crazy at first, but you will do great! 33 weeks is so far! Avery was a Christmas-ish baby (hence the middle name Noel) and it was a true treat. She was born on Dec. 1st and I felt so strongly through the whole season about the whole meaning of the Savior's birth. We are so happy and excited for you!

Take care!

Howling Pickup said...

I am glad the baby is doing well. It makes my back and ribs hurt when you talk about it feeling a little squishy in there- brings back all the memories! It sounds like you had a fun Halloween too. The kids picture is too cute! Take care!