10.13.2007
Kathryn
I had a BBBS training in SLC the same time as Jerry's meetings. Kevin and Lindsay and my parents were able to help with the kids and make it possible for me to go to the corporate office one afternoon and Cabela's the next day. It was nice to meet the staff there and I had fun with the girls from our office. Sue, Jill, Teri, Sarah and I went to dinner at Cafe Med. The food was really good but mine was a little spicy. Sue made me laugh really hard when she ordered dessert for me. She kept telling me "not to embarrass her because we were in a fine establishment." I really like my co-workers. The training at Cabela's was good as well. I took my Dad to pick up Jerry with me and we spent some time at the Jacobsen corporate office. Lindsay made us dinner and we took off to come home so Jerry could work the next day. My parents spent the night and came to St George the next day. My mom and I went shopping that evening with Lauren and the boys went to a football game. My mom and I left the next day for Las Vegas. We met my Aunt Jenness and her daughter Jennifer. We went shopping at the outlets, ate at PF Changs, saw Celine Dion in concert (which was really well done and enjoyable) , played cards and had fun visiting. We drove home Monday morning and Grandpa had everything under control with the kids. They were coloring. Grandpa and I took the kids to Lowe's while Grandma took a nap. We looked at all the Christmas stuff and got popcorn from Target. That night Grandma made halibut chowder and we went to Blue Bunny for ice cream. The kids really love that place. The next day I had to do a first aid training so the kids spent time with their grandparents. Jerry had his last softball game and Grandpa and Landon attended while my mom helped me sort through all the kids clothes and get them into sizes. As usual, I had way too many ideas about what we could accomplish while they were here but we all had a great time. The kids all slept in Grandma and Grandpa's room. Luckily, they brought a double bed so we have a guest bed and they had a more comfortable place to sleep. My mom was able to attend a doctor's appointment with me and was impressed with the doctor. I was glad she was able to meet me. I was called to be the Laurel advisor so I am excited for this new opportunity. I have been to mutual the past two weeks and am enjoying getting to know the girls. I have to say I was OK to leave the organ behind but feel I did gain confidence to play if I need to. I really like the women in the presidency and am looking forward to getting to know them better. I was able to attend the Relief Society broadcast which I throughly enjoyed. I always leave feeling inspired to try and be better. I need to be more grateful and look for more opportunities to serve. I also had a chance to work with a photographer in our ward at one of the high school dances. I realized things have changed since I was in high school. It was a fun way to earn some extra money. We had a great conference weekend. I survived a week with sick kids staying home and they are all now better. We drove to an apple festival in New Plymouth it was very pretty but their were no apples there. The kids enjoyed it. We have enjoyed lots of time together as a family since moving here and I am grateful for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment