8.10.2007

Raise

One of the biggest events of the year happened on Thursday. Jerry had his annual review. We have been praying he would get a raise because the cost of living here is high and we are still recovering from our no income college days. Well, our prayers were answered. He ask for a raise and they doubled his offer. I am so proud of him. He has worked really hard and deserves all the praise and recognition he was given. Let's see....this week we have been busy. We went to Cedar City so Jerry could do his training for football officiating. The kids and I drove around for hours trying to find a Wal-mart. We finally found it and had time to purchase three items, use the "potty" and make it back to pick him up. Last night Jerry had his 14-15 year old Sunday School class over for pizza. I think they had a great time. We also received a gift back from them in the form of toilet papering. The funny thing is we yelled up to Landon to go to bed because he was leaning over the rail (which has a perfect view out front) and he said, "I can't because they are putting paper all over everywhere!" So we peeked out the window and Jerry was able to video his kids doing the dirty deed. He then opened the door (while filming) and suprised them. Landon also came down to tell them "That is a big No-N0 and what you did was very naughty!" I wonder where he learned those phrases? Well, it made for an interesting night anyway. The kids and I got to clean up this morning which we really enjoyed.

2 comments:

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

Congrats on the raise! What a vote of confidence in Jerry. Landon is hilarious. I had flashbacks to our toilet-papering shenanigans in Rexburg. Those were the days....

The Clark said...

Classic story! And kudos on the raise. Can he get me one?