8.26.2007

Highlights

This was a good but fast week. Jerry has started officiating high school football which means he has meetings on Wednesday nights but also had his first game this week on Thursday. He really enjoyed it. He got an awesome workout and also had fun. He says some of the officials are pretty intense but I think he will like doing it. He was so dehydrated he had to get up through out the night to drink water. I ended up going to the girls night in our ward when he got home and enjoyed chatting with the girls in the ward. I always tell Jerry I will be home early......I am usually very tired on Friday. I had to work on Friday afternoon. Jerry usually comes home early but called about one and announced he was taking the kids to work with him. I quickly found the portable DVD player and put some movies in it. I had to go do a match with one of the people I work with. I work for the Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentoring agency and we went to a home to pair a little sister with a big sister. I called Jerry before he left work but was unable to reach him and ended up at the temple visitors center for a few hours. I actually had an awesome experience. I ended up finding a sister missionary whose ward I had served in back when I was on my mission. It was so fun to catch up with her and I am hoping to regain contact with some of the people who were in that ward through her. We also talked to another couple who were in St George from Freiburg, Germany. They were going to suprise their daughter who is serving as a missionary on temple square the next day. I had a great time. All the while, Jerry was doing errands with the kids and he didn't have a phone so I couldn't reach him. I am not sure if the grocery shopping experience was quite as pleasant for him. On Saturday we went to the What Kids Want Expo at the Dixie Center. Jerry whipped up a french toast breakfast which was amazing....he loves the food network website so that gave the day a great start. The kids ate lots of candy at the expo. I was able to get tickets through work. I have been more aware of the community activities which has really livened up our Saturdays. One more funny experience from church today.....I was very naseous in Sacrament meeting (this is very normal for me with pregnancy...I throw up with no warning which is so baffling to Jerry) so I left the meeting to go in the hall. The problem I have is I play the organ so I was running in and out to play the songs. Well, on my way back in to play the closing song, Jerry opens the door of the men's bathroom and I see Lauren standing on the counter in a diaper. Jerry says," She had a blowout you have to take her home right now!" He was a bit panicked because he teaches Sunday School and wanted to get in the room to prepare his lesson. I was a bit panicked because the speaker was winding down. So I inform him I can't do anything until I play the closing song. I ran in and played some version of a song I have never heard, ran into Jerry (who had placed Lauren in the car) and ran Lauren home to get a new dress. It was quite the Sunday.

1 comment:

The Clark said...

yikes. you have every excuse to go inactive now. see you at the mall on sunday. ;)