Wow. What can I say about the county fair? There is lots of grease, tons of opportunity for people watching, animals, sweet rides and lots of whining children. We had a good time. I actually had to work at the fair for several hours. I have taken a part-time job with the Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentoring agency and volunteered to sit at our booth at the fair. Jerry dropped me off and took the kids home for naps. When he came back, we let the kids go on a few rides. They were so excited. They chose two train rides.....obviously because they love TRAINS and a car ride. We ate some food.....a baked Idaho potato and some corn on the cob. It was very tasty. The kids also had fun at the other booths and rides which were available. I think they may have been experiencing some over stimulation issues or maybe it was me, but we didn't last that long. We saw the Rogers there which was fun and also ran into another missionary from my mission who had just moved here from Las Vegas who I had not seen since the mission. Besides the extreme heat I think we can consider it a successful family outing. The kids can't wait until next year!
8.13.2007
County Fair
Wow. What can I say about the county fair? There is lots of grease, tons of opportunity for people watching, animals, sweet rides and lots of whining children. We had a good time. I actually had to work at the fair for several hours. I have taken a part-time job with the Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentoring agency and volunteered to sit at our booth at the fair. Jerry dropped me off and took the kids home for naps. When he came back, we let the kids go on a few rides. They were so excited. They chose two train rides.....obviously because they love TRAINS and a car ride. We ate some food.....a baked Idaho potato and some corn on the cob. It was very tasty. The kids also had fun at the other booths and rides which were available. I think they may have been experiencing some over stimulation issues or maybe it was me, but we didn't last that long. We saw the Rogers there which was fun and also ran into another missionary from my mission who had just moved here from Las Vegas who I had not seen since the mission. Besides the extreme heat I think we can consider it a successful family outing. The kids can't wait until next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment