8.04.2007
Saturday
We had a great day today. We went to lunch at the Olive Garden so Jerry could start his fast and I could eat all the soup, salad and breadsticks I could manage. We do love that place. Then we went to the library where....luckily...we were able to rent "The Polar Express" for another three weeks since we found out after searching yesterday it is not available in stores until closer to Christmas (imagine that?). So we considered this video rental a blessing of sorts. We went to find Jerry an officiating outfit. He is planning to be an official for High School football this fall. When he came out in the outfit Landon said, "Dad, are you pretending to be a coach?" Jerry said," No, an official." Then Landon told the people working there his Dad was pretending to be an official. Kids are the best. We then went to the Brigham Young home since this is a site we have not yet visited here in St George. Landon and I made it through the whole tour, Jerry and Lauren through a portion. Lauren needed a nap. Jerry was determined to make the kids stay awake all day because yesterday they had a long nap and the bedtime routine was rather difficult. So Landon met a boy close to his age and they held hands for most of the tour. Landon kept saying, "Where is my boy?" if they were separated for any amount of time. He is such a friendly kid and loves everyone. We came home and I made homemade Minestrone soup for lunch tomorrow. I remember now why I don't make homemade soup very often....it's quite the time commitment but I am sure tomorrow after church we will be very happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am with you on the homemade soup time commitment, my last soup took 2 hours of babysitting. But it is so worth it!! I hope you are feeling better, you are not suppose to still be sick. Right now I am dreaming about bending over!! We are having another girl...I think everyone I know is having a girl. Hope you are all doing great!
Joey
Post a Comment