7.30.2008

Accident

So Monday night was just a horrible night. Lauren woke up around 1:30am and wanted to sleep by us. We tried to tell her to go upstairs but she gets so crazy we just decided to make a bed by our bed. I went to the closet to get a blanket down and Jerry went to the kitchen to get a drink for her. He heard me scream and came back to find me looking in the mirror with my lip bleeding and my tooth knocked out well actually one of my front teeth was broken in half. Not a pretty picture. So Jerry's construction belt was on the top shelf and his construction angle came down and broke my tooth. We are so grateful it wasn't worse but just a crazy accident. I was so light headed and nauseous. I don't do well in any sort of medical situation. I wasn't crying just not feeling so well. I took some Motrin and Jerry gave me a blessing. He felt so bad. He tried to help with Avery when she woke up but she was not having it. I got her back to sleep and then Landon woke up because he had a little "askident (accident aka he wet the bed). I looked at the clock at 4:30am and realized sleep was not happening. Jerry had called the dentist the next morning before I even got up and he happen to be out of town but called me and I went in this morning at 8 am. He is going to put a crown on so I have a temporary now which has really improved my looks. I thought about posting a pic but I just don't know if I can handle the social shame......emotionally I may not be ready.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Kathryn, how sad. I hope you are feeling better.

Amber said...

How terrible! I'm so sorry for you and hope that all the dentistry will go well.
We will be in town Sept. 21 to the 25th (ish). We would love to get together one of those nights or something. Let me know what will work for you guys. Take care!

Howling Pickup said...

I'm so sorry. Those darn construction belts can be pretty lethal! Hope you are feeling better.

Brigit said...

I seriously think that is the worst night I have ever heard of! I am so sorry about your tooth. I

Natty bee Seely said...

That's the pitts. Sorry to hear of it. So his tools were hiding with the blankets in the closet? Ouch

Kyra said...

Kay- so is it wrong that I really want to see a picture?? I chipped my front tooth in middle school pe- luckily it didn't break it in half- ouch!!

Mrs. Olsen said...

When it rains it pours sistah. I HATE HATE dental problems...you need those suckers for a lifetime of chocolate and laughs. So sorry for you and hope you are doing better.

Cresta said...

Ouch! I say forgo the photo - we all have a great visual just from your description!