7.21.2008

Friends

We had our friends Eric and Heather Cathey stop by on Saturday. It was so fun to see them. They are friends from Oceanside, CA. They have three little boys and Landon had a great time playing basketball with them. Jerry and I both went to the gym. Jerry is really liking the spin class. He is getting a workout for sure. We have been preparing for my parents to come today. They will be here most of the week looking for a place to possibly come and stay this winter...Yeah! We are hoping it works out for them. We would love to have them here. I taught a lesson yesterday about obedience. We have the Mia Maids combine with us and Sister Parkinson came and shared some insights as well. I really felt the spirit and I hope the girls did too. I thought about my own girls and how badly I want them to understand who they are and their divine potential. I am so grateful for our children. Another highlight of the weekend was my phone call to my friend Gena in Australia. She is a friend from California. I was finally able to get a phone card to work and talk to her. She had just come home from the hospital after having a new baby girl eight weeks early. She has a boy who is almost five years old and has had two still born babies but hopefully her little girl will be OK. She will be in the hospital for at least 8 weeks. Gena has so much faith and is a great example to me. She has endured many trials in her life. I am so grateful I was able to connect with her. She is a wonderful person.

No comments: