11.11.2007
Veteran's Day
I have been thinking a lot about the freedoms we enjoy today. I am grateful Jerry had an opportunity to serve our country when he did. We are grateful for Uncle Joe who is in Iraq now and my cousin, Ronnie who has previously served in Iraq. It is such a blessing to have all the freedoms we enjoy. Landon was able to take some photos of his Dad and his uniform to preschool on Thursday. We didn't participate in the parades they had here but there were several different celebrations. We had a good sabbath day. We went to church and then later to get our temple recommends from the stake. They are updating to recommends to have barcodes and we needed to do that. After we went to the Joseph Smith movie at the visitors center. It is such a special movie and our kids sat through it exceptionally well. It was an experiment and they did great. It always makes me remember the sacrifices of others and seeing all the trials he faced I am reminded that my own are small in comparison. We had another busy week. Jerry got all the Christmas decorations up. He is such a holiday person. He was a bit disappointed realizing some of our stuff is still in Idaho but his villages are all up. He had his friend who is an electrician come and install a plug on the top of our kitchen cupboards so he could plug everything in up there. It looks really nice. He is such a big help and I am so grateful to have him. He made dinner a few times this week and always cleans up for me. I worked a few nights during the week. On Friday, we went on a date which was much needed and enjoyable. We went to a movie that was actually pretty good. On Saturday we had our BBBS monthly activity and had a good turnout. Jerry went shooting in the afternoon. I worked at a dance helping with pictures. A couple in our ward has a successful business here and this is the second time I have helped them. This was a formal dance and it was fun to see all the dresses. Times have changed a bit since I was in high school but I guess this is good preparation for having kids grow up. We are enjoying the fall weather here and have been reminded why people live here. It has been in the high 70's and perfect weather for the park and playing outside. Lauren and Landon are doing really well. They are the most friendly kids and talk to everyone they meet. They are happy and growing up. Landon told me when the baby comes out of my tummy she can sit in his car seat. I think he is starting to realize he will have a little sister soon. I am not so sure about Lauren. She loves her little pink baby and takes good care of her. I am not so sure about how she will do with a real one. We are wishing we could go up to Idaho for Thanksgiving but I don't think we will make it. Landon asked if we are going to have a "wonderful feast" for Thanksgiving....I assured him they will be having one at Grandma's but I am not so sure about here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment