11.05.2008

America


I am so grateful to live in America. I am grateful we have an opportunity to vote. I am grateful for those who are serving and protecting our country. I am grateful for all the freedoms and opportunities America provides. I am grateful for religious freedom. I am grateful for the prosperity our nation enjoys. I am grateful that God inspired the writing of our constitution. A sister in our ward was sharing her testimony on Sunday. She shared an experience when her son asked her if they could go to Disneyland. She said no. He said, "We're poor aren't we?" She then said, "No, we are very, very wealthy." She proceeded to express her gratitude for all the blessings they had. I was touched by what she said and reminded of how easy it is to acknowledge things we don't have instead of recognizing all we do have. I am grateful for my many, many blessings. God bless America.

2 comments:

Krista said...

amen Kat. Thanks for sharing. God bless America!

Brittney said...

Very true...It's all in the way that we choose to look at things. Sometimes what we don't have seems so obvious, but if you really take stock of your life, there are very few people who couldn't find something to be grateful for. Thanks for the reminder!