We had another great week. Sometimes the days seem really long but the weeks go by fast. Landon didn't have preschool this week because of spring break so we went to Highland park with friends on those mornings. The kids love this park and it has been really fun to let them play there. Avery has been a good sport. She has been sick this week with a cold and a bad cough. I hope she will start to improve this week. She turned three months old and is growing and changing each day. Her highlight of the week has been a new binky which she seems to be liking. Landon has said a few funny things this week. He told me the reason Avery cries is because she doesn't have any teeth. He also said four year olds don't go to time out because they are too big. On Friday, we took a futon that has been in his room to a yard sale for a family in need in our ward. Landon was broken hearted and I tried to explain to him this family needed help because their Daddy got hurt in an accident. After thinking about it for a while he said, "You mean they don't have any toys to play with while their Mommy makes dinner?" I said yes and he quit crying. He said "I am really going to miss my bed." He is such a good kid. In church today Jerry heard him talking and realized he was reciting the articles of faith to the family sitting behind us. He holds up the articles of faith card so it looks like he is reading and says them from memory. At dinner tonight he insisted we all talk like cowboys and refer to him as "Big Jake" and Lauren as "Annie Oakley." If we did not use the cowboy voice when talking we were asked to repeat what we had said. Jerry and I were also given cowboy names. It was quite the entertaining meal. Lauren is growing up and talking so much. She is working on potty training. She likes to wear panties but is not concerned if she has to keep changing them. She actually likes it. At least she is not blatantly telling me no. She and her Dad are becoming pals. She keeps telling him he is nice and the best Dad. She loves nursery and I hope they love her. They brought her to me today during church with no diaper on. Apparently she had to go potty and told them to take the diaper and throw it in the trash. She loves lip gloss, getting her hair done and wearing dresses. At the end of each day she always ends up wearing a princess dress or the cowgirl dress Grandma and Grandpa gave her. She is looking forward to her birthday in May and wants a Dora cake. We had our friends the Carpenters over for dinner on Friday. Jerry grilled steaks and made some excellent side dishes. Last night Jerry had some boys from the ward over to play video games. I spent the majority of the time shopping at Walmart. It takes so long to grocery shop but I was glad to do it without the kids. We had a very peaceful sabbath. We played with the kids and Jerry made meatball subs for dinner. He is an excellent cook. I am so lucky he enjoys it! We had a nice visit with the Robb's in Texas. We miss them and hope to see them soon.
3.16.2008
The Week
We had another great week. Sometimes the days seem really long but the weeks go by fast. Landon didn't have preschool this week because of spring break so we went to Highland park with friends on those mornings. The kids love this park and it has been really fun to let them play there. Avery has been a good sport. She has been sick this week with a cold and a bad cough. I hope she will start to improve this week. She turned three months old and is growing and changing each day. Her highlight of the week has been a new binky which she seems to be liking. Landon has said a few funny things this week. He told me the reason Avery cries is because she doesn't have any teeth. He also said four year olds don't go to time out because they are too big. On Friday, we took a futon that has been in his room to a yard sale for a family in need in our ward. Landon was broken hearted and I tried to explain to him this family needed help because their Daddy got hurt in an accident. After thinking about it for a while he said, "You mean they don't have any toys to play with while their Mommy makes dinner?" I said yes and he quit crying. He said "I am really going to miss my bed." He is such a good kid. In church today Jerry heard him talking and realized he was reciting the articles of faith to the family sitting behind us. He holds up the articles of faith card so it looks like he is reading and says them from memory. At dinner tonight he insisted we all talk like cowboys and refer to him as "Big Jake" and Lauren as "Annie Oakley." If we did not use the cowboy voice when talking we were asked to repeat what we had said. Jerry and I were also given cowboy names. It was quite the entertaining meal. Lauren is growing up and talking so much. She is working on potty training. She likes to wear panties but is not concerned if she has to keep changing them. She actually likes it. At least she is not blatantly telling me no. She and her Dad are becoming pals. She keeps telling him he is nice and the best Dad. She loves nursery and I hope they love her. They brought her to me today during church with no diaper on. Apparently she had to go potty and told them to take the diaper and throw it in the trash. She loves lip gloss, getting her hair done and wearing dresses. At the end of each day she always ends up wearing a princess dress or the cowgirl dress Grandma and Grandpa gave her. She is looking forward to her birthday in May and wants a Dora cake. We had our friends the Carpenters over for dinner on Friday. Jerry grilled steaks and made some excellent side dishes. Last night Jerry had some boys from the ward over to play video games. I spent the majority of the time shopping at Walmart. It takes so long to grocery shop but I was glad to do it without the kids. We had a very peaceful sabbath. We played with the kids and Jerry made meatball subs for dinner. He is an excellent cook. I am so lucky he enjoys it! We had a nice visit with the Robb's in Texas. We miss them and hope to see them soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kids say the cutest things. They sound so grown up. Boy, Avery is sure getting big. She is a beautiful little girl. It sounds like you are doing well. It is always good to her from you.
I just can't stop laughing at the conversation with Landon! I think his imagination is hilarious! You have such a cute family. I LOVE Lauren's haircut!
Love kids, the stuff they say is priceless. Loved the FHE idea.
Thanks.
We still haven't made it to the park, I am so jealous! I will be in St. George April 11, 12, 13. what time is your church? Maybe we can come with you...email me!
Post a Comment