3.30.2008
Dave's Family
We had a really fun week with Dave's family. They came on Tuesday and stopped through on their way through to stay in Mesquite. The next day they came back and the kids and I hiked Snow Canyon with them. The kids had so much fun. It is always an adventure when you go somewhere with Dave. I had forgotten how much fun he is. His kids and wife are great. They are really helpful with the kids. We went to Samurai 21 for dinner and enjoyed a Japanese dinner with our own personal chef! It was a unique experience for them. They stayed with us and we enjoyed that. The next day we went to Zion's and hiked. It is beautiful and I am looking forward to going back this summer. The weather was nice and their are lots of hikes that are kid friendly. Ryan disturbed some bug watcher by stamping on their stink bug accidentally (he was carrying Lauren). They were circled around the bug and Alan came by and kicked the bug Ryan had squashed. They were then told they needed to learn to "respect animals." We got a good laugh out of the whole experience. I think they would have been fine We came back and met up with Jerry to go to Famous Dave's for dinner. It was so nice to not have to cook. The next morning Jerry went with the family to do baptisms at the St George temple. They were also able to see an exhibit of beautiful sculptures at the visitors center right now. Jerry really enjoyed being in the temple with them. We went to the aquatic center in the afternoon and had a good time. Abby had some swimsuit issues but other than that we did great. Jerry, Ryan and the older girls all raced in the big pool. They definitely got a workout. We came home and had a BBQ on the grill and enjoyed the evening. Anne, the girls and I went shopping for a bit and the guys watched movies. Dave and Anne generously replenished (plus so much more) our pantry. Thanks so much! They left on Saturday morning so Anne and the girls could go to the YW broadcast in SLC and Dave could be back for church on Sunday. We had an awesome time and hope they will come back again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm jealous that you guys are so close to Zions. It's one of my favorite places.
your kids are so cute, i'm dying over them!
Glad you guys had such an amazing time! Sounds fun and I'm jealous of all the outdoor fun you get to enjoy! You look great too! I hope life with three kids is going great!
Post a Comment