5.19.2008

Grand America






For those of you who have not been to this amazing hotel, I cannot say enough good about it. We had several major events this weekend.....

1. I drove to SLC by myself with all three kids. We had to make one stop but other than that, things went relatively well. A huge accomplishment for me.

2. Lindsay and I finished at least ONE conversation. I spent the whole day with her and I think we may have actually completed a conversation. I love being with her and talk incessantly, we just never have enough time to cover everything.

3. Rod and Shelby came down from Shelley to stay with us and help with the kids. We dined at the downtown Olive Garden (Jerry and I ate there shortly before we got married while stranded with car trouble in SLC) and thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the company (Andrew a classmate from the burg and also co-worker of Jerry's). Uncle Rod proved again he is their "favorite uncle" by bringing Landon a monster truck and Lauren and Brooklyn a Dora van. They have not stopped playing with them yet.

4. We stayed and ate at the Grand America which is like the nicest place ever. The food is amazing.....we had prime rib for "brunch". Jerry and Andrew thought this was pretty sweet. Amber also joined us which enhanced the trip greatly and even spent time with the kids and I which included cleaning up a chocolate ice cream cone that Landon dropped on the ground at Hagen Daas (sp?) and also an early morning shopping trip to a Smith's grocery store with an escalator. Great times. We also found out if you walk around the lobby you are offered bottled water and warm chocolate chip cookies and oh yeah, around 6pm they come and turn down your bed and bring you a box of really good chocolates AND the maids dress in REAL maid outfits the black ones with the white aprons. Jerry thought this was pretty cool.

5. It was confirmed that Jacobsen is an amazing company and provides their employees with great perks. The brunch, breakfast and hotel accommodations were fabulous. We also received a gift basket in our room full of all sorts of goodies. Jerry is doing so well and I was so pleased to hear about his work and accomplishments.

6. Shelby and Rod went to the sad ending of the Lakers and Jazz game. The Lakers were staying at our hotel. Shelby meets and poses for a photo with Zeek from High School Musical while waiting in the lobby to meet the Lakers who never came back after the game.

7. Kevin, Brooklyn and Britton swim in the most amazing outdoor pool and somehow Britton doesn't climb off the stairs and drown. He actually just stays there and after swallowing water because he goes down too far, climbs back up. Amazing.

8. Landon and Lauren jump into the pool without any swim aides....obviously, Mom was not there. Jerry confesses he could "live" in the locker room at the GA. Apparently there was fresh fruit and water with lemons and cucumber. What more could you ask for?

9. We have a great afternoon with Brent and Jill watching really funny made up news shows and eating brisket. They are the best friends and highly entertaining.

No comments: