4.07.2008

Cool


So I decided to start letting my kids help me clean more. After talking to my sister-in-law who I really admire, my motivation was there. She had her kids getting up at 5 am to feed cows when they were only 4 years old! She said the hardest part is teaching them how to do it and helping them follow through but it will be worth it. I am realizing that my kids really want to help and if I turn them down now, they may not want to help later. I also was thinking about how being idle brings more contention and I noticed the kids seemed to do better when they are working. Landon just says everything he has to do for jobs now is "part of the family." He will ask me to be sure it is "part of the family?" before he agrees to do it. Jerry led the way by getting up a few Saturdays ago and having them help with everything. They did really great. I always feel frustrated when trying to clean during the week so after watching conference and receiving encouragement, I decided to make Mondays our cleaning day. Instead of being frustrated because the kids won't stay busy while I am trying to clean, I had them help me. They did really well. Landon insisted on wearing his shades and looking really cool while vacumning the stairs. I had to take this picture to remind me of his cute personality.

No comments: