1.09.2009
Hospital
So I got to spend some time in the hospital. It wasn't the best time I've had lately but I survived. I got a stomach ache on Monday night. I thought I just had a sore stomach from doing too many sit ups. I had just started working out again after a long break. I drank a Coke and went to bed. The next morning I went to the gym and came home and got ready. I started feeling sick just lethargic and not so well. I had a fever and pain in my stomach. Jerry ended up coming home from work and my Dad took me to the doctor. He did some testing and could only come up with me having a high fever and my white blood cell count being up. He called me around 8pm and told me to go to the ER and do a CT scan. He was concerned about me having early appendicitis and hesitant to just prescribe antibiotics. Jerry took me to the ER and during the intake I blacked out which I am certain caused the hospital stay. I had a fever over 103 degrees. After a CT scan which takes hours because you have to drink this awesome drink before they can run the test. All they could find is swelling in my stomach which led them to think it may be early appendicitis but they kept me to monitor my progress. All the pain meds gave me a massive headache and I couldn't eat anything in case I had to go to surgery. It was not that fun. Jerry stayed home with the kids because my Mom was sick with a bad sinus infection. I made it home from the hospital by the end of the next day but when the pain meds wore off I still had the stomach pain. I went in for another CT scan after taking Lortab....don't ever do that.....it makes you very naseous but they finally prescribed antibiotics and I am feeling better. It was a learning experience and I am grateful for the help and prayers offered in my behalf. I have been blessed with wonderful friends and family and am truly grateful. You do not realize what a blessing good health is until you don't have it for a while. I am glad to be feeling better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so sorry. I'm glad you're home and hopefully feeling better.
Post a Comment