




We had a really fun Thanksgiving. My Mom and Dad were here. They came down to set up their trailer here for the winter. We are so excited to have them here. Rod came and brought Shelby and Ethan. We are so glad they made the long drive here. Jerry and my Mom did the Turkey and we worked together with Costco for the rest of the food. The kids were so happy to have family here. The meal turned out really good and we had PLENTY to eat. We each went around the table and talked about what we were grateful for. The kids did not want to quit and kept asking us to take turns. We have so much to be grateful for and I loved the opportunity to reflect on all those things. We ate and watched the Glenn Beck conversion story. I was touched to hear of his conversion to the gospel of Jesus Christ. He has such a broad sphere of influence and it is amazing to see him using his national recognition for good. For some unknown reason Rod, Jerry and I decided to go shopping at the outlets at 11am. I did get Gymboree pajamas for the kids for under $5 but it was a little crazy. Rod is a maniac shopper and we didn't leave the outlets until close to 3am. We drove by Best Buy and saw lots of people camping out to get the doorbusters. Crazy. So I tried to go to bed but Rod wanted to go to Wal-mart and for some reason I agreed to go with him. I have never seen anything like it. What people will do to get Baby Alive for cheap. I thought for sure we would go home after Wal-mart but Rod drove over to Kohl's. Needless to say we got home around 7:30am. I think I am still recovering from the loss of sleep. We went to Twilight that night. Jerry, Grandpa, Landon and Uncle Rod got to attend a Jazz game on Saturday. They got to enjoy the game from the suite equipped with unlimited snacks. They had a great time. My Mom and I stayed here with the girls and we rented Barbie and the Diamond Castle, painted our nails and had snacks....does it get any better than that for a girls weekend? We were happy to spend time with Lauren and Avery.
2 comments:
I'm glad you had such a fun Thanksgiving. I bet it is so nice to have your parents close. Your Christmas card is so cute. Hope you have a good time with the Norths for Christmas!
Are your parents setting up camp for the entire winter? What about Christmas on the river?
Anyway, it's funny that Rod is such a shopper. Must take after his dad. HA!
Post a Comment