7.25.2007

You Have to Start Somewhere

After viewing my friends blog spots and seeing what an easy way it is to keep track of life I decided to give it a try. Things have been crazy for us so I don't think I have kept track of anything but like the title says...you have to start somewhere. We just returned from a family reunion for my family in Idaho. We had a great trip and lots of good memories of our time in Rexburg. The trip was a little short but nonetheless, fun. Jerry had to be back to work tomorrow because he has to have surgery on Thursday. This is actually his third surgery for a kidney stone that will not go away. We are praying it works this time. It has been a rough few months for him and we are hoping soon this kidney stone will be gone. The kids had a great time camping at Lava Hot Springs and proved be much better campers than their mom is. I think the pregnancy thing takes the "thrill" out of sleeping in a tent on the ground. I ended up in the car without a blanket. It did feel good to actually be cold because of how hot it has been in St George. We also had an adventure going down the river in an intertube (Jerry, Landon and me) we decided that was also not as fun under the circumstances. We may try again at a later date when we all feel "healthy." Landon and I fell off on the first waterfall and I hit a rock with my tailbone which produced really loud screams (much to Jerry's dismay). We had fun with the family though. It was strange not to have my brother Gary there...he passed away suddenly in February. We did have his wife and kids with us and we enjoyed them. We went to Idaho on Saturday night, spent Sunday in bed sick and went to the Playmill in West Yellowstone on Monday. We ate at the Gusher and enjoyed the fudge at intermission. Today we drove home stopping to see Kevin and Lindsay in Alpine at her sister's place. It was a long drive and we both decided maybe we should move to Salt Lake someday...not quite such a long drive.

4 comments:

The Clark said...

ahhh the gusher. many a memories of pizza on the way home from big sky.

good times.

glad to have you online.

can i link you to my blog?

Fullmer said...

Hey guys,
This is the Fullmer clan. Your blog is adorable, I can't believe how big your kids are! We have also made a few trips ourselves to good ol' Rexburg, Idaho this summer and love the family time. If you're ever in utah let us know! Have a good one and check out our blog if you get a chance!
Fullmer Family
fullmerfam.blogspot.com

Mary Jane said...

Kathryn, I'm hoping Jerry's surgery is a success. I know this is just getting so hard to take care of with the baby on the way. Let's hope he passes this kidney stone before the baby comes!

I love that you are blogging.

Percept said...

You guys have a blog--that's awesome. I love your pictures and anecdotal humor. You guys are funny. I want to call you 'mad dog' right now, but not sure how to fit it in without it sounding forced.
Thanks for the family update.

Jerry, I really hope this surgery is a complete and total success.

We love you guys.
Jill and Brent