We have had lots of excitement in the past two days. I just wanted to update you on Jerry's surgery (his third in the past five weeks to be exact). He had Lithotripsy done yesterday (for the second time) and the Doctor feels confident he got the whole stone. Apparently he blasted the stone approx 15 times (whatever that means). We will have a more conclusive answer next Wednesday when he meets with the doctor to go over a post surgery x-ray (hopefully, his last). I wouldn't recommend getting a kidney stone. As far as I can tell, Jerry hasn't been having too much fun. So today we had an ultrasound. I am 18 weeks along. I had a feeling it would be a girl and in all polls taken, a girl was the overwhelming guess. When the x-ray tech said it was a girl, Jerry's face was a picture I wish I would have had on camera. He loves Lauren but is unsure about how to handle girls and is constantly concerned about how he is going to discipline Lauren. I think the major concern lately has been that when he tries to discipline Lauren, instead of bursting into tears like she usually does, she now says, "Give me a kiss, Dad?" He insists she is using "girl power" and feels all her actions and words are intended to cause him grief. He is happy the baby is healthy and I think with a little more time, he won't be so concerned about being "outnumbered." He actually got an x-ray done just before the ultrasound so we could multi-task and effectively use our time at the hospital. We are lucky our ward and friends have been so supportive and helpful with our children as we have had so many other medical obligations to meet lately.
3 comments:
Congrats on both levels. We're happy that Jerry might actually make it, and even more happy your having another little girl!!
Double yeah! I hope the third time is a charm. I'm happy you are having a sister for Lauren and I know Faye must be thrilled. Love you guys! Come back to Michigan soon.
So excited you have started a blog. Your kids are so big and so cute! I hope all goes well with your husband and his health. Congrats on the girl. I am telling you it is the year of the girl, everyone I know (including me) is having a girl!!
Post a Comment