11.25.2011
Thanksgiving
We had a good Thanksgiving. The kids were out of school the day before and the nice thing is they like to stay home so they just played in the basement for most of that day. We had planned to make a dinner at home but things didn't go as we planned. Jerry had strep throat on Monday and it took a few days for him to feel better. I wasn't feeling great either so we decided to find a place to go and eat dinner instead of cooking on our own. We went to the Cracker Barrel in Springville. We had a really nice meal. Landon wanted everyone to say their favorite thing about the Thanksgiving meal and his was the cranberry. I think everyone enjoyed being together although we would have rather been at home. On the way home Landon said he wasn't feeling great. We seem to have a car sickness problem in our family. I had given Avery some medicine before we left because she is usually the one that gets sick. We had to stop at Walgreen's in Heber to return a movie and that's when Landon threw up all over Avery (who was sleeping) and the van. Jerry was complaining he didn't want to drive home because the car smelled. I was just grateful we were in Heber and not further away. We spent the rest of the night cleaning up the kids and the van. So it wasn't our ideal Thanksgiving but we still found time before family prayer to talk about the things we were grateful for. I am grateful for family, health, home and the blessings of the gospel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment