10.26.2010

Baby Bridger








Bridger Don North was born on October 20th at 8:57pm. He weighed 9 pounds 9 ounces and was 21 inches long. He was born a few weeks early but has been doing well. It is a miracle to have a new baby in our home. We are so grateful everything went well. I had gone to the doctor on Wednesday not planning to have the baby that day. He told me to pack my bags, I would probably come in that night. I didn't want to get my hopes up so I just came home and did my normal stuff. My niece, Jennifer has been here so we went on a walk. Then I came home and started cleaning. Around 3pm, the nurse called and said she was surprised I wasn't at the hospital yet and the doctor was a little concerned because I was dialated to a 5. I was having contactions but they were not regular so I wasn't worried. I decided maybe I should pack my bag and tell Jerry to come home. We called Landon and Dana who came over to watch our kids until Jen and Isac could get here. They ended up staying a few nights which was a lifesaver for us. We got to the hospital around 5pm. Dr Jones was on call and they decided to keep me. They gave me an epidural (loved that) and started PIT. Jerry ran to Target and to get something to eat. The nurse came in around 8:30pm and said I was at a 7 or 8 and I better make sure Jerry made it to the hospital. About 10 minutes after he got back, the doctor came in and 10 minutes later, Bridger was here. It is an amazing experience to have the baby placed in your arms after they are born. It is truly a miracle and such a great blessing from Heavenly Father. I am so grateful to be Bridger's mom. They had some concerns about his breathing so he was immediately taken to the nursery. They did a whole series of tests and after a priesthood blessing from his Dad and Uncle Kevin, they determined he was fine. My parents got here on Thursday night. We had to stay at the hospital for at least 24 hours so we ended up coming home on Friday morning. I am so grateful the kids were able to stay at home and we had help with them. We are lucky to have wonderful family and friends. On Saturday, it was determined Bridger had jaundice and needed a bili bed. He is supposed to be in this bed for 18-20 hours a day. It has been difficult not only because we aren't getting much sleep but also because his Dad hasn't been able to hold him much. He is a beautiful baby and has a wonderful spirit about him. I know Heavenly Father has great things in store for him.

9 comments:

Hani and Amanda said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad that everything went well. He's a beautiful baby!

Jill said...

He looks just like Jerry! I am glad everything went well! Congrats Mama!!

Jill said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Vanessa said...

Congratulations North family! What a beautiful baby boy! LOVE those cheeks!

Anna said...

What a cute little boy! I am so glad things are well. Izze was in the bili bed and it was so hard. I hope you are doing well :)

Amber said...

Big Congratulations! So glad you all are doing so well! We love ya and hope that life continues to go smoothly! Take care!

Lisa said...

Congrats again! So glad that Bridger and mama are healthy! He definitely looks like your other kiddos and those cheeks are perfect for kissing! So happy for you!

Brad and Kaci said...

He is adorable! She happy for you guys! Congrats!

BernsteinBunch said...

Congratulations! He is so precious. I love love love the name Bridger!