9.09.2007
Labor Day and Preschool
I think Jerry really gets the award for actual "labor" on Labor Day. I gently persuaded him to paint Lauren's room and he graciously accepted. We switched her and Landon rooms so we could make Landon's room into a guest room as well. We are hoping to get ourselves a new bed and give him our queen bed so when we have company they will have a place to stay. We spent Sunday night looking through magazines and decided how we wanted to paint. Then Monday morning we took a trip to Lowe's. My job was to occupy the children and help mask while they were sleeping. I really didn't do that much but the kids and I took a trip to McDonald's playland, came home and had naps and then went to the grocery store so Jerry would have the time he needed to paint without "help" from the kids. Landon really wants to help his Dad but it was a bit too stressful for Jerry to have him involved. I think Landon was happy with McDonald's. The room turned out really good and we want to do Landon's room next. Somehow, we always end up painting when I am expecting a baby which means Jerry ends up doing the work. I am grateful he enjoys it and is willing to do it. Lucky me! The other big news of the week was Landon starting preschool. He started Tuesday morning and I had signed up to be the parent helper. I had my friend watch Lauren. Landon said he wasn't feeling good and I thought maybe he was just nervous. He also said he wanted to throw up in the car on the way there but I had just thrown up so I thought maybe he was just saying that because I was sick. So when we got there he was not his usual self. We made it to lunch time before he finally threw up........needless to say, we got to leave early. I felt bad because it was his first day and he actually felt much better after puking but we opted to leave. He ended up getting a fever and I think he just had a stomach bug. Thursday was a much better day for him. He loves getting his lunch box ready for school. Speaking of lunch boxes, Lauren lost her baby on the weekend and it had been a rough week for us. This is her precious baby given to her by Mimi and Poppy when we lived in Texas. She carries this baby everywhere and we have considered buying multiples of the baby for a time like this when she goes missing. After almost a week of no baby, Lauren pulled out her Dora lunch box and asked me to open it. Much to my surprise, I found baby. I think our whole household has benefited greatly from this find. I think we will actually order a new baby now after enduring a week without her. It wasn't that fun. I am attempting to start my food storage....I am way behind on this but hopefully I can get started this week. I had a friend over who showed me where I need to start. It is such an overwhelming task but I know we will be blessed if I just put some effort into it. Jerry had two games this weekend so he got his workout and football fix. I have been sick so he has been taking care of the kids. They had a birthday party last night which he took them to. They had a bounce house which was definitely the highlight. I watched the BYU game and was throughly disappointed when they lost but I hope to be resilient and recover. Jerry took the kids to church which gave me three hours to lay on the couch, sleep and watch BYU devotionals. I am actually feeling much better today. We have much to be grateful for and continue to count our blessings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
your kids are so cute. can't wait to see what the next will look like. i can't remember, do you know the gender? when are you due?
NICE WORK on the food storage thing. i need to get going but ditto on the overwhelming thing.
Post a Comment